Sunday, March 20, 2011

Under Logs and Litter

For many people, the organisms that live below our feet are merely part of the "dirt", something that receives very little attention.  In fact, there are thousands of tiny creatures that live there, in a world of their own that is entirely unknown to most humans.  Through this blog, I hope to educate others about the importance and uniqueness of these amazing creatures including worms, springtails, insects, millipedes, and much more.

I am in no way an expert in this topic, but I am pushing myself to learn as much as I can about these creatures and their way of life.  Some people who have already helped my along the way are the volunteers from BugGuide, including Mr. Frans Janssens who knows everything there is to know about springtails (Collembola) and Mr. V. Belov who as aided me with numerous beetle identifications.

Enjoy the information and photos that I share with you through this blog!  I hope that you too can become fascinated with these creatures and that you will want to learn more about life in the soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment